Sunday, October 01, 2006

Last course....

I finished a correspondence course last night at midnight. I began the course in May and had until the end of September to finish it but of course my "plan" to work away at it all summer did not occur and over the past 2 days I have been working non-stop except for a couple of hours to sleep.

Needless to say, today I am enjoying a rest. It doesn't mean that my life has stopped but I feel like I can relax without guilt.

I am taking one other course this semester which is the last course in my M. Div. It has been a long road since I started my Masters in the summer of 2000 at Dallas Seminary.

Overall, it has been a great experience-- I think the best thing I have learned is "how to preach". I learned some Hebrew but am disappointed that I didn't learn more. I also enjoyed the Church History component.

I was relating to some friends last week that it will be weird not to be in school anymore. I have been in school all my life except for 2 years between 1998 and 2000.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

have I taught you nothing?? Good stuff though kid, hope you finish well now!!
Bee

Anonymous said...

Good job, Dennis. We're really proud of you for sticking with it and working hard! Now we have an official theologian in our family!!

Anonymous said...

What school did you attend between 1975 and 1979? You must have had some great teachers then! Mom

Rach B said...

hey I tried to call KLBC today but there was no answer are you guys off right now?

Anonymous said...

well, looks like you didn't learn your lesson though eh? I'm so glad that you'll soon be done and can spend more time at home with your family and not with your course!
Bee